Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sore to a Whole New Level

As I posted, we did our first 5k run/walk. I ran about 95% of it and let's be honest, I haven't ran long distance in about 6 years. The most I have ran since then is around the bases on the local church league softball team. I am very proud of myself and Virginia for finishing the run/walk and we both did a great job.
Now, I knew I was in trouble when we got home and got Brooklyn down for a nap and I caught myself telling Brooklyn "you're going to go for a nap, then Daddy is going to put some sports on and nap himself." When I woke from this said nap, my leg muscles were really tight. I knew I was in trouble here and I was going to really hurt the next day. Let me tell you that I woke up this morning and it hurts, BAD!!! Drinking water and stretching was been working, but that's the price I pay. I great man (Dad) once told me "you gotta pay to play" and he was right.
So the things that I have learned this week are:
running a 5k with little training can be rewarding (proud of myself) and painful.
toddlers can say the craziest things (post for another day)
Virginia is the greatest woman in the world (as she should be in my world)
I love the morning time I get with Brooklyn.









On another note, Eden would have been 3 months old last week. For those of you that don't know, our little angel, Eden, was born in November with a fatal birth defect, but she blessed us with a few hours of her life that I will never forget. I think about her every day and still have some hard times with missing her and having to give her to heaven. You can see our story here.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your loss...I can't imagine what you're going through.

    Congrats on the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about Eden
    I like the way you express yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your 5K...that is so empowering to others! I am so sorry for your loss. Keep writing, as it helps to sort our your feelings!

    ReplyDelete