Friday, March 1, 2013

Out of Context

First things first, we are a different kind of family. We are a natural living "crunchy" family. We cloth diaper, eat organic, gluten free, our toddler still nurses and Virginia pumps and donates her milk. Some of the things I hear around the house would crack up a "normal" person or possibly offend them. I'm going to give a small warning before I explain some of the things that are said around our house.
If you are offended by nudity, dirty words, or things being said that sounds like a toddler is going to get hurt then this post is not for you. that being said, no, we don't let Brooklyn operate heavy mechinery, or stick things in outlets, but she does have free reign of the rest of the house.
Now, here are the top things that I hear in the house that can or will be taken out of context and sound dirty and funny.
- Hey honey? Can you massage my boobs while pump so I can be hands free?
- Brooklyn! Stop touching my boobs!
Brooklyn: Boobies???
-Quick! Hold her down so I can squirt boobie milk in her eye!
Brooklyn had a touch of pinkeye...
That is just the surface, but I'm going to leave it at that.
On an ending note I saw a car beside the road the other day on the way home. As I got closer I saw a couple of men had stopped also and they were helping another man change a flat tire. This other man was not helping but he was in a business suit. These two men saw that another man was in trouble and was not wearing clothes that would get ruined if he changed the tire by himself. Also, there was an older women (70's) walking, or well, attempting to walk on an icey sidewalk, and when I drove by she had fallen and there was a man helping her. I stopped and heard the man ask the lady if she wanted a ride home. She said that was trying to get to the store. The man said "I will take you, then bring you home." The woman agreed. These random acts of kindness have really effected me. I watch how everyone acts around the world and there has been a change over the last year or so. People are more kind to each other. I am glad to see that there are less selfish people out there.
This morning, we ran our first 5k together. I'm proud to say that we made it! Even though it was 25 degrees outside and snowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment