Tuesday, February 26, 2013

SNOW DAY!!! I'm Hungry...

SNOW!!!

Last week there was an ice storm and I missed a couple of days of work. It was good to get some time with the family. There is one thing that I found that I was doing when I took Brooklyn outside. She has never walked on ice or snow and was doing a great job, then she started slipping. This is when I started laughing at her silently hoping she would fall. Not hoping she would get hurt, but fall on her but. When she did a few times she started getting mad at me for laughing.

Brooklyn: Stop it!

Me: You okay Brookie?

Brooklyn: Help!

Me: Okay sweetie

I woke up this morning to a small snow. As I stumbled into the kitchen I started the Notebook and logged in to check the road conditions. Covered roads all around and a major accident on the interstate. Oh joy... Well, I decided that I was not going to make it in to work today and was going to lay down for a bit longer. There's Brooklyn up and ready to start her day. 

 

Brooklyn: Get up?

Me: No let's go back to bed.

Brooklyn: Get up?

Me: Ugh... Okay, let's get up.

Brooklyn: Berries?

Me: Okay I'll get you some berries.

Well, so much for a small nap before I had to call in for work. 

This afternoon it started in again but with the wife this time. I'm chillin' out on the PC with my feet up on the couch and this came up.

Virginia: I'm hungry.

Me: ... *click*

Virginia: I want something to eat...

Me: Ugh... what do you want?

Virginia: I don't know...

Me: Okay... *click*

Virginia: So???

Me: What?

Virginia: You going to make something to eat?

Me: No... *click*

Virginia: I want salmon...

Me: Seriously?

Virginia: You can make it because you stayed home today because of the snow, you decided to be safe and get me things.

Me: HAHA! Get you things???

Virginia:...

Me: Ugh... Fine...

So here is the thing. Distractions are a must sometimes. We have been watching this season of "The Biggest Loser" and Virginia wanted to start from season one. So, the only place that has all of the seasons is Hulu but you need to have Hulu Plus to watch it. So I told her to purchase Hulu Plus and I'll get the salmon. Who wins? This guy because she forgot about the salmon and I bought myself some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment